2011 Kwanzaa Celebrations in the Sacramento Valley
2011 Kwanzaa Celebrations (please always confirm info)
(Please bring a dish to share at the Kwanzaa celebrations)
- Saturday, December 17, 2011-Pre-Kwanzaa Celebration from:2:00pm- 3:30pm at Celebration Arts Theater, 4469 D Street, Sacramento, CA 95819. Join us for our Pre-KWANZAA celebration featuring the Celebration Arts Chorale, poetry, storytelling, drama, and more! For more info call (916) 455-2787.
- Fenix Drum and Dance Company presents “Kwanzaa Events” For more info visit: http://www.fenixdrumanddance.com or www.saclibrary.org
Fenix Drum and Dance Company Events:
Thu Dec 15 Del Paso Heights Library 3:00 pm
Kwanzaa program "Once upon a Kwanzaa"
Wed Dec 21 Elk Grove Library 3:30 pm
Kwanzaa Program "Once upon a Kwanzaa"
Wed Dec 28 Valley Hi Library 4:00 pm
Kwanzaa Program "Once upon a Kwanzaa"
- Monday, December 26: Monday, December 26, 2011 Kwanza Free Family Festival at the Crocker Art Museum, 216 O Street, Sacramento, CA from 12:00 pm to 4:00pm. Celebrated worldwide, Kwanza focuses on family, community, creativity, and the cultural traditions of the African Diaspora. At this museum-wide festival, the Crocker celebrates its collection of African art with music and dance performances, a unique studio art workshop, an arts and crafts marketplace, and more. Presented in collaboration with the Kuumba Collective Art Gallery and the Sojourner Truth Multicultural Art Museum. For more info visit: http://www.crockerartmuseum.org/programs-events/holiday-mondays/event/943-holiday-monday-kwanzaa-free-family-festival.
- Monday, December 26: Kwanzaa Celebration: Umoja - Join us from 1-4pm First Day at Carol's Books, 1913 Del Paso Blvd., Sacramento CA 95815. Celebrate the first day of Kwanzaa with drumming, dancing, storytelling and a host of other activities. Wonderful gathering time for friends and family and the community. Free books for kids and adults. Please bring a dish to share for the potluck dinner. For more info please call 916-205-3970
- Tuesday, December 27 from 6-9pm: Umoja Productions presents annual Children’s Kwanzaa with Roberts Family Development Center, 770 Darina Ave · Sacramento, California · 95815. For more info. contact : Maia Morton at email@example.com
- Wednesday Dec. 28th :Wo'se Community will celebrate public Kwanzaa on Wednesday Dec. 28th 2011 at 6:00pm at Wo’se Community Chruch, 4311 Attawa Ave., Sacramento. For more info call (916) 476-6640
- Thursday, December 29: Ujamaa Community Celebration from 6:30pm – 8:30pm at Our World Cultural Center,2251 Florin Road, Suite 20. Hosted by Earth Mama Healing, Inc. & Divas for Jesus. For more info contact: 916-706-2838 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the Black United Fund of Sacramento Valley (BUFSV), the Brick house Art Gallery (BAG) and the Sacramento Area Black Caucus (SABC) Friday, December 30, 2011 for 2011 Kwanzaa Celebration from 6-9pm at the at the Brick house Art Gallery,2837 36th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817. We are asking participants in this year’s Kwanzaa to bring a dish for the Karamu or feast, and bring NEW, UNWORN caps, neck scarves, and gloves for infants, children, women and men. On our MLK Day of service in January, we will assemble them into packets to be distributed to local homeless shelters. For more info call (916) 484-5025.
- Saturday, December 31: Celebrate Kwanza at Sojourner Truth Museum Dec 31 from 4pm to 7pm. (see details below)
- Saturday, December 31: Celebrate Kwanzaa with a Brunch at Kuumba Collective Black Art Group at 11:00am
- Sunday, Jan 1, 2012:The Kwanzaa Celebration at the Center for Spiritual Awareness, 1275 Starboard Drive, West Sacramento, will be held on Sunday, January 1 at 4pm.
Kwanzaa Community Celebration at Our World Cultural Center
2251 Florin Road, Suite 20
Sacramento, CA 95822
916-706-2838 email: email@example.com
- Monday, December 26, 2011
Umoja Community Celebration
6:30pm – 9:30pm
Hosted by Michael Harris & Black Farmers
- Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Ujima Community Celebration
5:30pm – 8:00pm
Hosted by Dream Academy & Wii Girls Youth Empowerment & Leadership Programs
- Thursday, December 29, 2011
Ujamaa Community Celebration
6:30pm – 8:30pm
Hosted by Earth Mama Healing, Inc. & Divas for Jesus
- Saturday, December 31, 2011
Imani Community Celebration
4:00pm – 7:00pm
Hosted by Sojourner Truth Center & Brother 2 Brother Program
Just ended a great Kwanzaa season of friendship and commitment. We participated in 10 celebrations and look forward to achieving our goals in 2012.ReplyDelete
I read your blog on daily basis. This is a really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing. sign company SacramentoReplyDelete